Z-21 Threadlocker x 6ml
Threadlocking Adhesive - high strength. Permanent locking. Suitable for all metal threaded assemblies. White material safety data sheet, no labelling. Suitable for schools and collages.
Z-21 is a high-strength threadlocker for maximum efficacy in the securing and sealing of bolts, nuts and studs to prevent loosening. The product serves to permanently lock assemblies which must not come loose. It works on all metals, including passive substrates . Slight contamination is tolerated. Its key differentiator is the “White” Material Safety Data Sheet. LOCTITE 2700 carries no hazard symbols, risk or safety phrases and does not contain any declarable carcinogens, mutagens or reproductive toxins.
- No hazard symbols, no risk phrases & no safety phrases; "White” Material Safety Data Sheet
- High strength general threadlocker for maximum efficacy
- Works on all metals, including passive substrates (e.g. stainless steel, aluminium, plated surfaces)
- Can be disassembled by heating to 300°C
- WRAS Approval (BS 6920): 1104508
- Colour: RED
- Max. thread size: Up to M20
- Service temperature range: -55 to +150°C
- Breakaway torque: 20 Nm
- Approvals: P1 NSF Reg. No.: 123006
- Fixture time steel: 5 min.
- Fixture time brass: 4 min.
- Fixture time stainless steel: 5 min.
USE WITH ARMATURE MAKING:
Z-21 has been tested on the Animation Toolkit range of products. We can safely say that when using this product with our range of balls and threaded bar it will cure (with a touch tight strength) within 1 hr but will only achieve maximum strength (depending on temperature) between 12 – 24 hrs.
We recommend when building armatures, that you have all of your parts to be locked with Z-21 ready to go, with all final adjustments made.
Clean all parts in acetone/white spirit or similar, removing any grease from areas to be locked.
Apply a small amount to both surfaces to be bonded
Immediately screw both bonding surfaces together
Wipe away any access Z-21 with a cotton bud or similar
Leave at room temperature for up to 24 hrs to achieve maximum strength.
Mistakes can be made:
If you have made a mistake or want to recycle a part that has been bonded then all is not lost. Simply heat bonded surfaces up with a small hobby torch, leave to cool and separate parts.